opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Zemerick <jzemer...@apache.org>
Subject closeQuietly() for stream try/catch
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2017 11:46:40 GMT
In cases of code like this when closing a stream:

    finally {
      try {
        sampleStream.close();
      } catch (IOException e) {
        // sorry that this can fail
      }
    }

I thought it might be a bit cleaner looking to replace the empty try/catch
with Apache Commons IO's IOUtils.closeQuietly(). I noticed that the Apache
Commons IO dependency's scope is currently set to <scope>test</scope>. If
you agree that the code change would be cleaner, is there any problem with
changing that dependency to a compile dependency instead of test?

Thanks,
Jeff