opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.7.2 release
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 13:59:59 GMT
On 01.02.2017, at 14:35, Joern Kottmann <joern@apache.org> wrote:

> The project is now more agile and we can cut a release without a lot of
> overhead. We spent years working toward that goal.
> Now we will release a major version 1.x.0 every quarter and one or two
> minor 1.x.y versions every month.

What did you do to minimize the release overhead?

When voting on a release, I find myself double-checking license files,
changes in dependencies, checking signatures, etc. the most
time-consuming part (like minimum 1-2 hours). Did you somehow automatize
this (or maybe I'm just spending way too much time on details...).

Cheers,

-- Richard