opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Joern Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC 2015 - WSD Module
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 19:48:45 GMT
On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 00:55 +0900, Anthony Beylerian wrote:
> Dear Jörn,
> Thank you for that.
>
> After further surveying, I was thinking of beginning the implementation of an approach
based on context clustering as a next step.
> Maybe similar to the one in [1] which relies on a public (CC-A licensed) dataset [2].Since
clustering is usually done using K-means, which could take some time with large data, this
was already done previously and the results were made publicly available in [3] with up to
20 closest clusters per "phrase".
> The authors in [1] propose to subsequently apply a Naive Bayes classifier as described
in their paper.I believe this is straight-forward enough to implement as another unsupervised
approach for the proposed time-frame.
> Would like your opinion.

Sounds good to me. I will read the paper now, and come back here if I
have any questions.

Jörn