opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Joern Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automated testing with public data
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 08:23:34 GMT
With publicly accessible data I mean a corpus you can somehow acquire,
opposed to the data you create on your own for a project.

All the corpora we support in the formats package are publicly accessible.
Maybe
some you have to buy and for others you just have to sign some agreement.

A very interesting corpus for testing (and training models on) is OntoNotes.

Here is a link to the LDC entry:
https://catalog.ldc.upenn.edu/LDC2011T03

You can get it for free (or for a small distribution fee) but you can't
just download it.
It would be great if the ASF could acquire this data set so we can share it
among the committers.

Is that what you mean with proprietary data?

Jörn