opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Baldridge <jasonbaldri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Liblinear (was: OpenNLP 1.5.3 RC 2 ready for testing)
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:44:52 GMT
I used the Java port. I actually pulled it into nak as nak.liblinear
because the model write/read code did it as text files and I needed access
to the Model member fields in order to do the serialization how I wanted.
Otherwise it remains as is. With a little bit of adaptation, you could
provide a Java wrapper in OpenNLP that follows the same pattern as my Scala
stuff. You'd just need to make it implement AbstractModel, which shouldn't
be too hard. (I have it implement LinearModel, which is just a slight
modification of MaxentModel, and I changed all uses of AbstractModel to
LinearModel in Chalk [the opennlp.tools portion]). -j

--
Jason Baldridge
Associate Professor, Department of Linguistics