opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From James Kosin <james.ko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 RC 2 ready for testing
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 03:55:26 GMT
Hi William,

No, I think it will be fine.  The problem only lies in data where there
is back to back names being tagged in the sentences.  The unfixed prior
models would invalidly tag them with the wrong type... i.e.: both could
be the same type such as person instead of the different types one
person and the other maybe miscellaneous.

In some of the models; especially the combined Name Finder models that
contained all the tags ... were affected most; since, the likelihood of
back to back tags is higher.
In the English models there were 3 sentences that had improper tags
before ... now have the correct tags with the fixes.  This improved the
scores a bit.

It should produce identical models since the problem was with the output
tagging and not with the training of the models.

James