opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Hyosup Shim <floursc...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing L-bfgs maxent parameter estimator (OPENNLP-338)
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 04:43:37 GMT
Hi,

I've been working on implmenting QNTrainer(L-bfgs maxent parameter
estimator) in recent few weeks.

My first implementation on the issue gave me about 0.80 precision on
train/test set of PerceptronPrepAttach unit test.
Since other existing estimators in OpenNLP showed nearly same precision on
that test set, I did submitted the patch.

But on CONLL02 test set Jorn gave me, QNTrainer got dissappointing result.
(less than 0.05 in precision, 0.30 in recall)

I tried to fix it, and failed. Could anyone give me a clue?

OPENNLP-338 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-338>