opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to work with Coreference resolutions
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 17:23:59 GMT
On 06/13/2012 07:07 PM, Carlos Scheidecker wrote:
> Thanks. So for now we can only use the models from 1.4. I saw that a
> training class was added recently. How do you use that?

Thats still work in progress, on which data do you want to train?

You need to produce data in a certain format, there should be a sample
in the test folder.
Its basically penn treebank style plus some nodes to label the mentions
in the tree.

The parse trees of a document are grouped and send document wise
to the trainer via a stream. After this is done a new model will be trained.

The OpenNLP corferencer works currently only on noun phrases, other mentions
like verbs will not be resolved (in case you wanna train on OntoNotes).

Jörn