opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From James Kosin <james.ko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 02:15:29 GMT
On 5/3/2012 7:29 AM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> On 05/03/2012 01:20 PM, william.colen@gmail.com wrote:
>>  From my side I need to add things to the manual, like about the
>> evaluation
>> reports and customization factories. But documentation can be finished
>> while we try our release candidates.
>>
>> Besides that there is an issue Jörn mentioned before, we are not
>> supporting
>> OSGi as we should, at least not the Customization Factories.
>>
>> My vote is +1, but I would ask a couple of weeks for me to implement the
>> MutableDictionary and check the Customization Factories.
>>

> I would really like to have a way to make the machine learning plug-able
> for this release, it shouldn't be that hard. But I haven't finished my
> proposal yet.
> This way would make it easy for other to experiment with different
> classifiers,
> e.g. the ones in MALLET.
>
> Jörn
+1,  Can we all get a consensus on the time-frame and a list of items we
would like to get added for this release then?  I'm only saying it so
that we at least have a plan others can track while waiting.  The only
other options would be going back to the 1.5.2 release and maybe coming
up with either a patch or a build for the critical issues and bugs that
seem to produce undesirable results.  Maybe calling it 1.5.2.1 or
something....