opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Joern Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intermediate Release
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:32:41 GMT
We usually need a bit longer to get a release out. Sorry. I would take
the EOS patch and apply it to the 1.5.2 version. After you did that you
should
train and evaluate the Sentence Detector to ensure it is working ok.

You can also take the trunk version, which is usually stable and in a good
condition. Before you ship it, I would train and evaluate all the
components you
use, then it is very unlikely that you will hit a big bug afterwards.

The best way to figure out how to help is to have a look at jira. There are
open
issues for almost any component. Is there an area where you would like to
work on?
We are also always looking for format support for a new corpus, e.g in the
bio or
medical domain.

Jörn

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Katrin Tomanek <katrin.tomanek@averbis.com