opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Katrin Tomanek <katrin.toma...@averbis.com>
Subject Intermediate Release
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:13:07 GMT
Hi,

I've been asking before about the plans for the next opennlp release.
The answer I got was that it's not planned yet, when (and whether) to
release 1.5.3 (maybe, there will be a 1.6. as the next release).

My situation now is the following: I need a release by the end of next
month (since we are using opennlp in a commercial product where we are
having a deadline). I cannot use 1.5.2 (because of the EOS symbol
problems that are fixed in the trunk).

So, I am planning to build a transitional release in our
company-internal repository. I am just wondering what would be the best
time to do so....  I see that currently, there are still issues on the
POS Tagger factory. About other problems I am currently not aware...

Any hints about when to build such a transitional release which I could
consider "kind-of" stable?

Thanks,
Katrin

P.S.: let me know if there are currently any issues I could be working on...