opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From francesco.tangari....@gmail.com
Subject Re: open nlp error
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 17:29:35 GMT
and if i write "Pierre Vinken , Italy, Milan, 11.00 now today tomorrow 61 years old"  it recognize
locations , persons, and today and tomorrow and now  and dose not get 11.00 ... :(

--
francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com
Inviato con Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig)

Il giorno mercoledì 4 gennaio 2012, alle ore 18.15, Aliaksandr Autayeu ha scritto:

> A couple of examples:
>
> 12.23 pm
> 12:23 pm
> 0:23
> 0.23
>
> AFAIK, . is an italian separator for hours and minutes, while pm is an
> american postfix. So, to me, 12.23 pm is mixing italian and american time
> formats. And probably 12 and 24 hours format as well. The sentence looks
> funny too. Why there is time in the middle, and why there is no date nearby
> time. I doubt that it is important that Pierre will join on 12.23 rather
> than say 1 July and I guess that joyful reunion will happen anyway
> somewhere between the noon and 13:00, give or take half an hour, given the
> location :) This makes the sentence a bit unnatural, that's why the model
> might not have seen this kind of things.
>
> To improve chances of your text to be recognized as time, you should follow
> the format of the text the model was trained on.
>
> Aliaksandr
>
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM, <francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com)>
wrote:

> > something still is wrong ... on this example: "Pierre Vinken , Italy,
> > Milan, 12.23 pm, 61 years old , will join the board as a nonexecutive"
> > work good on person and location but dose not recognize date and time
> > 12.23 pm why ??? what is the format that text should follow ??
> >
> > --
> > francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com)
> > Inviato con Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig)
> >

> > Il giorno mercoledì 4 gennaio 2012, alle ore 17.45,
> > francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com) ha scritto:
> >
> > > ok i have found the problem it work ;)
> > >
> > > --
> > > francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com)
> > > Inviato con Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig)
> > >

> > > Il giorno mercoledì 4 gennaio 2012, alle ore 17.23,
> > francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com)

> > board as a nonexecutive director Nov. 29 . it recognize just Pierre Vinken
> > as name... and nothing else .. i used all other models and dose not get
> > Nov. 29 as Date (en-ner-date.bin) why ?

(mailto:

> > francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com))

> > francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com)

> > en-ner-person.bin in my code ? ( the code i pasted on our conversation ) it
> > will recognize organizations instead of persons ?

(mailto:

> > francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com))

> > francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com)

(mailto:

> > francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com))

> > there

(mailto:

(mailto:

> > francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com))

James

> > project as well.

(mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com)(mailto:
> > francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com) (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com)

models

> > FileInputStream("en-ner-person.bin");

> > TokenNameFinderModel(modelIn);

> > suppose is this:

> > checkModelType signature: ()V) Bad type in putfield/putstatic
> > > > > > > > >

> > opennlp/model/GenericModelReader, method: checkModelType signature: ()V)
> > Bad type in putfield/putstatic
> > > > > > > > >

> > opennlp.tools.util.model.GenericModelSerializer.create(GenericModelSerializer.java:35)
> > > > > > > > >

> > opennlp.tools.util.model.GenericModelSerializer.create(GenericModelSerializer.java:35)
> > > > > > > > >

> > opennlp.tools.util.model.GenericModelSerializer.create(GenericModelSerializer.java:31)
> > > > > > > > >

> > opennlp.tools.util.model.BaseModel.<init>(BaseModel.java:135)
> > > > > > > > >

> > opennlp.tools.namefind.TokenNameFinderModel.<init>(TokenNameFinderModel.java:67)

(mailto:

> > francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com) (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com)

ore 04.30, James

(mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com)(mailto:
> > francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com) (mailto:francesco.tangari.inf@gmail.com)

can tell me why ??

> > FileInputStream(NLPModel/en-ner-person.bin");

quote character

> > TokenNameFinderModel(modelIn);

stream. The
care of that.
NameFinderME(model);
");

nameFinder.find()
> > call or not at all.

i < span.getEnd(); i++)

be better with (i !=

> > checkModelType signature: ()V) Bad type in putfield/putstatic
> > > > > > > > > > >

> > opennlp/model/GenericModelReader, method: checkModelType signature: ()V)
> > Bad type in putfield/putstatic
> > > > > > > > > > >

> > opennlp.tools.util.model.GenericModelSerializer.create(GenericModelSerializer.java:35)
> > > > > > > > > > >

> > opennlp.tools.util.model.GenericModelSerializer.create(GenericModelSerializer.java:31)
> > > > > > > > > > >

> > opennlp.tools.util.model.BaseModel.<init>(BaseModel.java:135)
> > > > > > > > > > >

> > opennlp.tools.namefind.TokenNameFinderModel.<init>(TokenNameFinderModel.java:67)
> > > > > > > > > > >

> > LangProcessing.processingWithOpenNLP(LangProcessing.java:237)

and did the