opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Aliaksandr Autayeu <aliaksa...@autayeu.com>
Subject Re: using Scala for opennlp.ml
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2012 13:32:02 GMT
>> Having some sort of plugin architecture would be possible and probably
>> quite nice, though it probably would not be my first priority.
>
> Being able to take advantage of other classifiers seems like it would be a really nice
thing to be able to do.  I'd love to put OpenNLP over Mahout or others.

> Besides, for testing purposes, if you could plugin the existing capability versus your
new rewrite (in Scala) then you could easily compare the two.  I can't imagine the abstraction
layer is more than a few interfaces or abstract classes plus a bit of configuration/injection/fill
in the blank that allows one to specify the implementation.
+1 for all of the above.

Aliaksandr