opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Erel Segal <erel...@gmail.com>
Subject Debugging NameFinder
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 08:39:06 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to use NameFinder for a project of detecting organization names
in Wikipedia. I use the *en-ner-organization.bin* model that I downloaded
from the site, and I get strange results. Can you please help me understand
these results, and what I should do to correct them?

I ran NameFinder on two sentences from this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France

The first sentence was: "*For its Première cabin , Air France 's first
class menu is designed by Guy Martin , chef of Le Grand Vefour , a Michelin
three-star restaurant in Paris .*" For this sentence, the name finder
correctly tagged "*Air France*" as an organization.

However, the second sentence was "*The following day , Air France was
further instructed to share African routes with Air Afrique and UAT .*".
For this, the name finder tagged only "*Air*" as an organization.

This seems strange as the two contexts seem similar. How can you explain
this?

--
Erel Segal Halevi
Bar Ilan University