opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Aliaksandr Autayeu <aliaksa...@autayeu.com>
Subject eol and code style
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:30:20 GMT
Dear all,

I'm a little confused after having searched docs and wiki and having found
nothing about project line-endings and code style. During patch submission
and following merges that probably I'm not doing something right, probably
didn't adopt the project styles :) Please, can you help with the following
questions:

1) What is the official line-ending style for project code source? That is,
win? unix?
2) Which eol settings are important in version control systems? That is,
convert\leave in SVN, Git, ...
3) Is code style (and formatting rules) documented somewhere? That is -
comments, bracing, line wrapping, line length... I have found that on some
points (for example I prefer forced braces on if and for statements,
because this helps avoiding certain bugs) there is divergence and least I'd
like to do is to adopt project style.

Thank you!

Aliaksandr