opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From James Kosin <james.ko...@gmail.com>
Subject Encoding Issues
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 04:36:35 GMT
Everyone,

Me again.  I'm going to be refactoring a lot of the file handling to
abstract away the encoding and making it a bit more seamless so everyone
doesn't have to always remember to do this or do that.  Basically, what
I'm proposing is something like this.

1)  A new class called EncodedFile that everyone will have to use when
opening and reading data from a file.  Much like a Steam object or what
we already do... Only it will be one class handling the input/output for
the files.

2) This class will also provide methods to get a output and input steams
like the stdio System.out and System.in variables; or be able to replace
them with new ones that have the correct encoding specified.

3) We may also want to be able to specify the input and output encoding
separately... So, I'll be adding some of that; however, the first
version may only be able to support one for both initially.

Let me know if anyone wants anything else added to this list.

Thanks,
James