opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Hernandez <nicolas.hernan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Evaluator and CrossValidator throw a java.lang.NullPointerException
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 12:26:30 GMT
Please find below the output of two runs which lead to an error:
SentenceDetectorEvaluator without "-misclassified true" parameter and
SentenceDetectorCrossValidator (which gives the same error with or
without "-misclassified true").

I tested on the examples from the documentation and also with my data.
Tell if you want more details or anything

$opennlp SentenceDetectorEvaluator -encoding UTF-8 -model
data/model/fr-sent.bin -data data/test/fr-sent.test
Evaluating ...  in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at opennlp.tools.util.eval.Evaluator.evaluateSample(Evaluator.java:80)
	at opennlp.tools.util.eval.Evaluator.evaluate(Evaluator.java:98)
	at opennlp.tools.cmdline.sentdetect.SentenceDetectorEvaluatorTool.run(SentenceDetectorEvaluatorTool.java:80)
	at opennlp.tools.cmdline.CLI.main(CLI.java:191)

$opennlp SentenceDetectorCrossValidator -encoding UTF-8 -lang fr -data
data/train/fr-sent.train -misclassified true
Indexing events using cutoff of 5

	Computing event counts...  done. 0 events
	Indexing...  done.
Sorting and merging events... Done indexing.
Incorporating indexed data for training...
	at opennlp.maxent.GISTrainer.trainModel(GISTrainer.java:263)
	at opennlp.maxent.GIS.trainModel(GIS.java:256)
	at opennlp.model.TrainUtil.train(TrainUtil.java:182)
	at opennlp.tools.sentdetect.SentenceDetectorME.train(SentenceDetectorME.java:283)
	at opennlp.tools.sentdetect.SDCrossValidator.evaluate(SDCrossValidator.java:104)
	at opennlp.tools.cmdline.sentdetect.SentenceDetectorCrossValidatorTool.run(SentenceDetectorCrossValidatorTool.java:98)