opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Baldridge <jasonbaldri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Papers implemented by OpenNLP
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 14:35:44 GMT
On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Jörn Kottmann <kottmann@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/23/11 4:25 PM, Jason Baldridge wrote:
>
>> There are a lot more papers that use OpenNLP -- hundreds in fact.
>>
>> http://scholar.google.com/**scholar?q=OpenNLP&hl=en&btnG=**
>> Search&as_sdt=1%2C44&as_sdtp=**on<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=OpenNLP&hl=en&btnG=Search&as_sdt=1%2C44&as_sdtp=on>
>>
>> (Some filtering necessary.)
>>
>> Also, search on the ACL anthology:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/cse?cx=**011664571474657673452%**
>> 3A4w9swzkcxiy&cof=FORID%3A0&q=**opennlp<http://www.google.com/cse?cx=011664571474657673452%3A4w9swzkcxiy&cof=FORID%3A0&q=opennlp>
>>

> Maybe we should ask on the user list, for people to add papers to this wiki
> page, I think it is interesting to see where OpenNLP was used.

There are a lot of academic papers that use OpenNLP that are unlikely to
even be on a list. We could perhaps just say something like "OpenNLP has
been used as a component in the implementations of hundreds of academic
papers over the past decade. Search for OpenNLP on Google Scholar and the
ACL Anthology to find some examples."

>  I'm still kicking myself for not creating a citable publication for
>> OpenNLP
>> years ago! (Would like to do that sometime in the next year, actually.)
>>

> What do you have in mind? Would it be possible to publish it
> as part of OpenNLP and also keep it updated?

It would be an LREC style paper that describes OpenNLP's capabilities and a
bit of how it is used, etc. Could also be good for some workshops. Goal
would be something more or less standalone, but that we could build on as
the project develops.

Jason

--
Jason Baldridge
Assistant Professor, Department of Linguistics