opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenNLP Dictionary Serializer
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 08:21:01 GMT
On 8/9/11 5:58 AM, James Kosin wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I've done some changes to the DictionarySerializer that may break more
> code in the field.  Maybe; a better option would be to add a new
> method that takes the additional parameter to the function and
> deprecate the older method and have it call the new method with a true
> value for the case sensitivity flag?
> Any ideas or opinions?

I thought actually of a different way to implement this change.

Instead of letting the create method return the case sensitivity flag, I
would
have added a new method to the EntryInserter interface.

Anyway that would not be possible to implement without breaking all
implementations
of it.

With the way James took, it is easy to maintain backward compatibility. We
just need to add the old serialize method again.

+1 to do that

Jörn