opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Grisel <>
Subject Re: Coreference almost dead?
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 10:02:41 GMT
2011/7/4 Jörn Kottmann <>:
> On 7/4/11 11:55 AM, Olivier Grisel wrote:
>> Out of curiosity is the existing OpenNLP coref implementation
>> MaxEnt-based or is it rule based like the state of the art StanfordNLP
>> implementation?
> As far as I know it is maxent based, but I do not know much about it
> or ever used it, hope that will change soon.

Might be interesting to build a clever rule-based feature generators
to find highly non linear, non local features as in DCoref and then
train a perceptron for the statistical fine tuning on top of those.

That would require a lot of work though. Better start by (re-)training
the existing code base on some fresh data.

Olivier -

View raw message