opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Process
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:22:32 GMT
On 7/18/11 2:11 PM, Jason Baldridge wrote:
> Great. Should we plan on releases roughly every 3-4 months, with flexibility
> to have releases in between if important changes or bug fixes have been made
> in the meantime?
>
> Also, have we decided on a version incrementing scheme?

I prefer to decide both case by case and make it dependent on the
development
which happened. There might be good reasons to release quicker, or wait
longer.

Probably it will then end up usually in a time frame of 3 - 4 month, but
that also
gives us the flexibility to directly release again, in case there is
serious bug or wait
for 6 -7 month if we want to make big changes.

The version increment also needs to take API changes into account.

Jörn