opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenNLP Annotations Proposal
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 08:21:31 GMT
On 6/30/11 2:58 PM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
>> >  I hope the required changes to Lucas are not that big, it already contains
>> >  a lot of functionality we need, for example Type System to Lucene Index
>> >  mapping.
>> >

> I tried to have a look some weeks ago, the most important change is in the
> new declarative Token API used in Lucene 3+ however it should not be so
> hard.

I had a quick look at the code, and I think we can extend
LuceneDocumentAE, this
way we can control the index writing. But maybe that is not even
necessary since
the index is written to disk, and an Index Reader can concurrently
access it.

The javadoc of two classes explains the index handling:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_0/api/core/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.html
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_0/api/core/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexReader.html

Jörn