opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Grisel <olivier.gri...@ensta.org>
Subject Re: OpenNLP Annotations Proposal
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:50:27 GMT
2011/6/22 Jörn Kottmann <kottmann@gmail.com>:
> Any other opinions on how we should store/exchange our
> text with annotations?
>
> As proposed up to now:
> 1. UIMA CAS based approach
> 2. Custom solution as proposed by Olivier

I am ok with switching to UIMA CAS. We might need additional metadata
outside of the CAS annotations though. For instance if the annotators
fixes a typo in the Sofa it-self, we might need to be able to tell
that Sofa1 is subject to being replaced by Sofa2 according to
annotator A1 for instance.

Also do you know of a good database for storing CAS? For instance does
there exist an Apache CouchDB CASConsumer + CollectionReader? Or maybe
a JDCB CASConsumer + CollectionReader that we could use with Apache
Derby for instance?

--
Olivier