opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenNLP 1.5.1 Release Candidate 5
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:32:17 GMT
On 3/29/11 7:27 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> On Mar 29, 2011, at 12:57 PM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>
>> On 3/29/11 6:03 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>>> Overall, artifacts look good.
>>>
>>>  From a packaging standpoint:
>>>
>>> * NOTICE.txt needs the JWNL copyright statement in it per the terms of BSD
>>>
>>> * UIMA reference should also be in the NOTICE (as should any other dependency
that requires it).  Technically, since we aren't redistributing the library, I don't think
need to, but I think we should for completeness.

>>> How come the UIMA stuff isn't in the binary?  Just curious.
>> There are different ways to run OpenNLP in UIMA, one is to create the sample pear
>> and start it up in the uima document analyzer, but that one is distributed with UIMA.
>>
>> Anyway I will fix the NOTICE file as suggested by Grant for RC 6, I hope we are then
>> ready to release,
> With the next candidate, you should call a vote.  We need at least 3 PPMC votes that
are +1 and no -1's.  Votes from others should be taken seriously as well.  I typically treat
a -1 from anyone as binding or at least warranting further investigation.  Once the PPMC vote
passes, then we must ask the Incubator PMC to vote.  This is only needed while in the Incubator.

> I would also recommend reading http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Thanks, through my work on UIMA I am aware with this process. The reason
I did not ask for the vote yet was that a little testing
is still missing and that I wanted the packaging being checked. If every
thing goes well I will call the for the vote next week on RC6.

Jörn