opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenNLP 1.5.1 Release Candidate 5
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:57:23 GMT
On 3/29/11 6:03 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Overall, artifacts look good.
>
>  From a packaging standpoint:
>
> * NOTICE.txt needs the JWNL copyright statement in it per the terms of BSD
>
> * UIMA reference should also be in the NOTICE (as should any other dependency that requires
it).  Technically, since we aren't redistributing the library, I don't think need to, but
I think we should for completeness.

> How come the UIMA stuff isn't in the binary?  Just curious.
There are different ways to run OpenNLP in UIMA, one is to create the
sample pear
and start it up in the uima document analyzer, but that one is
distributed with UIMA.

Anyway I will fix the NOTICE file as suggested by Grant for RC 6, I hope
we are then
ready to release, from the testing front everything looks good, expect a
few minor tests
which should still be done. I am a little worried about the UIMA
training support, since
I do not have real test data for it, but I believe it is in a good state
(which doesn't mean it really is).
Anyway the UIMA training support was released like that before, and we
might postpone proper testing
to our next release (I know that doesn't sounds nice).

Jörn