opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Grisel <olivier.gri...@ensta.org>
Subject Berlin Buzzword Hackathon?
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:07:59 GMT
Hi all,

I will probably attend the next edition of Berlin Buzzwords in June:
http://berlinbuzzwords.de/

Isabel (the organizer) told me earlier that it should be possible to
host a hackathon right after the conference. The topic  about R&D
European projects that involve semantic technologies and open source
projects such as Apache Stanbol (Incubating) for instance (see
http://incubator.apache.org/stanbol/ ).

As Stanbol has a strong dependency on OpenNLP and its statistical
models and as we will face the same legal issues with distributing
statistical models coming from copyrighted corpora I think it would be
great to use such an hackathon to quick-start an effort to build our
own annotated training corpus from free to redistribute sources such
as Wikipedia, Wikinews, DBpedia, Gutenberg...

Would some OpenNLP developers be interested in participating to such an event?

--
Olivier