openmeetings-user mailing list archives

From "Chamberland, Martin" <Martin.Chamberl...@fadq.qc.ca>
Subject RE: settings for CODECS
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2018 10:24:17 GMT
I will do all those test and get back with result.

Have a good weekend all !

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Maxim Solodovnik [mailto:solomax666@gmail.com]
Envoyé : 14 juin 2018 22:56
À : Openmeetings user-list
Objet : Re: settings for CODECS

Hello Martin,

I'm usually using h263 as codec (it uses less CPU, according to my observations)

According to latency: lets try to investigate :) Can you check if
1) latency is reduced if "refresh" button is pressed (small icon on the video pod
2) Is latency the same for 3rd user just entered the room after other
2 are broadcasting video for 2-3 hours?

The issue might be with
1) sender
2) server
3) receiver
so we need to check "who is the rat" :)))

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 6:19 PM Chamberland, Martin <Martin.Chamberland@fadq.qc.ca>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I will try to explain our problem the more clearly.
>

> When we use our OpenMeeting, suppose 2 persons are connected and talk each other, everything
is perfect.

> They have a good internet connection and they talk for let say 15 minutes with almost
no latency.

> But, if they stay the room open and leave for 1-2 hours and come back later to continue
to talk. After that period (2 hours).

> They have lots of latency, almost 6-7 seconds of delay between real movement and sound
has this arrive in each other screen.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax