openmeetings-user mailing list archives

From "George Kirkham" <gkirk...@co2crc.com.au>
Subject RE: Error 109 (net::ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE): Unable to reach the server.
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 01:10:57 GMT
Hi Constantinos,

Are you able to access OpenMeetings without Moodle, that is access OpenMeeting directly ?
 What happens both internally and externally (i.e. via the Internet) when you access just
OpenMeetings by itself?

Using either

http://host.domain.com:5080/openmeetings/

or

http:// xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5080/openmeetings/ <http://%20xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5080/openmeetings/>

or both ?

You said “my Moodle installation is configured with a public domain name”, I do not know
your set up, but I use an internal Debian DNS server which manages internal (i.e. local LAN)
connections to my web server and to OpenMeetings so that on my LAN I can access my web site
just like people who are external (i.e. who are accessing via the Internet).  A very similar
solution is just to put an entry into your client computer’s host file, doing this allows
me to access my servers via their public domain name, even if the IP address is not the same
as the public IP address for my domain.

For example in my Windows client computer;

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

#             127.0.0.1       localhost

#             ::1             localhost

                xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx                host.domain.com

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the OpenMeetings and/or moodle server that I can
ping using;

C:\ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

And should return something like;

Pinging host.domain.com [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=63

Reply from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=63

Reply from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=63

Reply from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=63

Ping statistics for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:

If you have the entry correctly set in hosts file, then “C:\ping host.domain.com” should
return very similar results.

I hope that some of the above ideas might be of help to you.

Thanks,

George Kirkham