openmeetings-user mailing list archives

From "George Kirkham" <gkirk...@co2crc.com.au>
Subject RE: Error 109 (net::ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE): Unable to reach the server.
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 00:32:06 GMT
Hi,

Are you saying that Moodle and OpenMeetings are working correctly on the local LAN, but when
accessing externally from the Interent there are connection problems ?

You said;

“Could it be an issue that the request to the openmeetings server is coming from an address
which looks like http://host.domain.com:port/ and not the usual http://host.domain.com/ (in
other words if there is a problem that the request is coming from a url that has a port as
well)”, I don’t believe that the addition of the port number should be a problem. This
has never been a issue for myself.  This just tells the web browser to use a port other than
port 80 when initiating the connection to the server.

I can only suggest that there is something is either blocking or not forwarding one of the
default OpenMeetings ports 5080, 1935, 8088, to your server ?

What messages are you getting when you access http://host.domain.com:5080/openmeetings/ ?

Is there anything logs in the red5/log/ folder that indicates the issue?

http://openmeetings.apache.org/installation.html

Use the Debug-Application: Enter in your browser http://$RED-HOST:$RED5-PORT/openmeetings/?swf=maindebug.as3.swf11.swf
for example http://localhost:5080/openmeetings/?swf=maindebug.as3.swf11.swf

http:// host.domain.com:5080/openmeetings/?swf=maindebug.as3.swf11.swf <http://localhost:5080/openmeetings/?swf=maindebug.as3.swf11.swf>