openmeetings-user mailing list archives

From "George Kirkham" <>
Subject RE: ffmpeg-package from for OM 2.x
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 18:46:48 GMT

Once that has completed you can now test it by issuing the following:
ffmpeg -version
Which should give you the following output:

George Kirkham

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Saturday, 9 February 2013 12:39 AM
Subject: RE: ffmpeg-package from for OM 2.x

now it works for me (OM 2.0 with debian squeeze 64bit). I installed the
latest Version of ffmpeg and marked the package as 6:1.1.2. ;-)

But there is still one problem. I made a recording of a live-classroom
and the recordning was playable/visible in the webfrontend but not the
download version, neither the avi- nor the flv-file was playable. I only
saw a black screen.

Have you any idea?

Thank you very much,

when you do checkinstall you must modify the default version.
For example, the package version on Ubuntu server 12.04 is 4:0.8.5 Using
checkinstall on 0.11.2 source gives a version 0.11.2 You must modify it
to be 4:0.11.2 Next time you update your packages, ffmpeg installed
version won't be downgraded.

> The latest guide I just uploaded also uses 1.1.2 and compiles fine on
> Debian.
> I'll add a section on the guide for people to change the version when
> using checkinstall.
> Cheers

View raw message