openmeetings-user mailing list archives

From Bart Coninckx <>
Subject RTMPS and Flash across different browsers
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 18:52:04 GMT

am testing with
apache-openmeetings-2.1.0.r1441250-31-01-2013_2314.tar.gz in combination
with HTTPS/RTMPS on different browsers.

My findings:

Chrome 15 with flash-player- in Linux: no go
Firefox 18.0 flash-player-,   in Linux: no go
Firefox 18.0.1 on Win XP: no go
IE 8.0 on Win XP: works
IE 9.0 in Win 7: no go, but was not on the latest Flash Player yet,
device has issues with updating.

When "no go", the error is:

[WARN] [NioProcessor-18] -
Exception caught SSL handshake failed.

I remember Sebastian was going to check some things with the Flash
Player, but not sure what the findings were.

I think I will disable RTMPS for the meantime. Am I right in stating
that this renders logging on insecure? Anything else?

View raw message