openmeetings-user mailing list archives

From Vieri <rentor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: usergroup assignment on login
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 09:17:06 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

What you propose would work fine.

I hacked it in a different way:
I modified the LdapLoginManagement class and added an ldap_usergroups config key which would
be set by the admin in the om_ldap conf files (not provided via LDAP server as an attribute).
What I do then is create an om_ldap_*.cfg file for each functional group (eg. om_ldap_group1.cfg,
om_ldap_group2.cfg, etc.). I also create the usergroups/organizations in the OM database (group1,
group2, etc. - aka groupNAME) and record their IDs (groupID). For each om_ldap_* file I manually
set  ldap_usergroups=groupID and then specify an LDAP search base as CN:groupNAME,CN:domain,CN:com,
etc.

I like your idea better because it would be easier to maintain (and I would have to mess with
group IDs).

just a note though: the LDAP "user group" field (String ldap_user_org_name) should not necessarily
contian only one group ID. It could be an array of IDs, eg. "2 4 12". OM would need to extract
a Long array from this String.

Are you planning on modifying the OM svn source code and add the feature you propose? If so,
please let me know so I can test it and not duplicate the effort.

Thanks,

Vieri