openmeetings-user mailing list archives

From Vieri <rentor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ical ics embedded
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 19:42:45 GMT
I'll check tomorrow but I believe my Outlook version is 2003.
However, I recall using Sogo (groupware http://www.sogo.nu/english.html), creating a calendar
event through its web interface and receiving the email on an Outlook 2003 client (the same
one I'm using to receive the OM calendar event notifications) which displayed it "inline"/embedded.
Someday if I find the time I may compare the two types of email messages (OM vs Sogo).
Anyway, not a big deal...

Vieri

--- On Wed, 2/6/13, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: ical ics embedded
To: "user" <user@openmeetings.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 9:34 AM

I believe it should work as you describe it with latest Outlook.If I'm not mistaken I test
it with OL2007, Thunderbird and Gmail

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Vieri <rentorbuy@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

The iCal ics emails sent by OM to any email client I use (eg. MS Outlook) work fine but the
ics file appears as an attachment and I need to open it before being able to accept or not
a calendar event.

When I generate calendar events from email clients (such as MS Outlook) and send them to myself,
the email messages are different, as if the ics data were "embedded" in the email body. So
as soon as I open the email (not the attachment) Outlook allows me to immediately accept,
deny, etc.

I'm not sure how to modify OM in order to enable this. I'm not even sure if it's just an email
mime formatting issue or if it's an ICS formatting issue (method:PUBLISH or something...).

Maybe someone on this list already solved this issue (ie. embed ics into email body so user
doesn't require to open attachment in most modern email clients)?

Thanks,

Vieri

--
WBR