openmeetings-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen Cottham" <Stephen.Cott...@robertbird.com.au>
Subject RE: Problems with installation / How to completely remove OM
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:12:04 GMT
If you want to completely reinstall you simply need to drop the database
from mysql and remove the following folder:

/usr/lib/red5

Best Regards

From: Rene' Rosenbaum [mailto:rene@meecoda.de]
Sent: 11 January 2013 16:02
To: openmeetings-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Problems with installation / How to completely remove OM

Hi all,
following one of the recent installation how-tos for OM2
(https://cwiki.apache.org/OPENMEETINGS/tutorials-related-to-openmeetings
.data/Installing%20OM2.x%20On%20Debian64%20-%20Headless.pdf), I
encountered some problems which I can't solve myself (and for which I
haven't found a solution in the net). Let me first state the context,
then what I did:

OS: Debian  6.0.6
OM: apache-openmeetings-incubating-2.0.0.r1361497-14-07-2012_1108.tar.gz
<http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/openmeetings/2.0-incubat
ing/apache-openmeetings-incubating-2.0.0.r1361497-14-07-2012_1108.tar.gz
>  (pre-compiled)

What I did:
- Downloaded, compiled, and installed all of the libraries and programs
extending the functionality of OM (e.g., SWF, FFMpeg, etc.)
- Downloaded and configured red5 with mySQL support as described
- started red5 without any problems
- installed openmeetings without any (visible) problems (installation
successful)
- started the application via the link shown on "installation
successful" page (or http://localhost:5080/openmeetings/)
- Problem: the application loads forever, and I never reach the
login-dialog, no db tables where created in OM db

Tried problem solutions
1. in my initial configuration I forgot to set the right
(mysql-)persistence-file, so I stopped red5 -> set the right file and
permissions -> started red5
-> db tables where created, but the problem persisted. Now I got the
message that "OpenMeetings - Loading ... The server is not yet
completely initialized. ...".

2. I tried to re-install OM by:
- deleting all created tables from the db
-> I got the message that "OpenMeetings - Loading ... The server is not
yet completely initialized. ...". No db-tables, after another try to
call install page, were created

3. I tried to re-install OM by:
- using a novel red5 directory (thought the old one got modified by
installation)
-> I got the message that "OpenMeetings - Loading ... The server is not
yet completely initialized. ...". No db-tables, after another try to
call install page, were created

Hmmm, that's where I'm stuck right now!

In case you don't have a clue what the problem might be, as a first
step, it would be extremely helpful to know how to completely remove the
persistence file right away. Maybe, that the issue, but I can't check.

Any help is highly appreciated!

A good one to the group,
Rene'

--

~~~~~~~
Dr.-Ing. Rene' Rosenbaum

Stephen Cottham
Group IT Manager (Associate)

Robert Bird Group
Level 5, 333 Ann St
Brisbane, Queensland, 4000, Australia
Phone: +6173 319 2777 (AUS)
Phone: +44207 633 2880 (UK)
Fax: +6173 319 2799

Mobile:  +61400 756 963 (AUS)
Mobile:  +447900 918 616 (UK)
Web: www.robertbird.com

This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain legally privileged information
or copyright material. Unless expressly stated, confidentiality and/or legal privilege is
not intended to be waived by the sending of this email. The contents of this email, including
any attachments, are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact us immediately by return
email and then delete both messages. You may not otherwise read, forward, copy, use or disclose
this email or any attachments. Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual
sender except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states otherwise. It is your
responsibility to check any attachments for viruses or defects before opening or sending them
on. None of the sender or its related entities accepts any liability for any consequential
damage resulting from this email containing computer viruses.

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules
http://www.codetwo.com