openmeetings-user mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Openmeetings hangs! (Possible outcome of out of memory behavior)
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:57:46 GMT
Hello folks,
Let me share one of our findings (kudos to Maxim).

1. When operating system have enough memory, and you run java machine
with insufficient memory settings, this gives you OutOfMemoryError in
openmeetings.log which is easy to debug. The solution is to supply
-Xmx 1024M or higher. Note, Derby takes a lot of memory when
initializes database.

2. When you use Debian-like operating system with low memory, e.g. 1
Gb, itself has low memory, e.g. 1Gb, it silently kills openmeetings.
java processes still may be seen in the process list, so it looks like
hang from the first glance.

The following can be found in the system log:
Jan 11 12:32:41 om-demo kernel: [262981.876087] Out of memory: kill
process 25582 (java) score 55796 or a child
Jan 11 12:32:41 om-demo kernel: [262981.876092] Killed process 25582 (java)

The obvious solution is to increase memory.

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095