openmeetings-user mailing list archives

From Bart Coninckx <bart.conin...@telenet.be>
Subject on screen sharing: right-click and VNC
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2013 14:15:13 GMT
All,

I'm currently experimenting with OM and it looks darn good.
I have some questions regarding the screen sharing functionality though:

1. I noticed that right clicking on a Windows shared desktop does not
function because it is overruled by the flash settings context menu.
However, I found on this page:
http://www.leebrimelow.com/flash-player-11-2-custom-right-click-example/
that one can disable it.
Are there any plans towards that?

2. by reading the archives I noticed that the bandwidth for the screen
sharing seems to be relatively high. Has it ever been considered to use
a VNC server for this (possibly in Java or OS based)? I guess that would
be very beneficial as far as bandwidth is concerned.

Cheers,

BC