openmeetings-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Clay <Jeff.C...@infotech-enterprises.com>
Subject RE: red5sip and OM integration
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 02:43:21 GMT
Ok, thanks for forwarding it.

I’m not really referring to a PIN for the entire room, but a PIN that a user enters after
already part of the conference to identify/mark them in the web conference as being called
in and on phone audio.

From: Maxim Solodovnik [mailto:solomax666@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 8:28 PM
To: user
Subject: Re: red5sip and OM integration

Hello Jeff,

I'll forward your email to the guy in our team working on SIP.

below are my answers:

currently we have sort of 2 level integration:

1) calls from "hard" phone to the room:
   a) red5sip.enable should be "yes" (enabled by default since 2.1)
   b) "Enable SIP transport in the room" should be CHECKED for the room
   c) red5sip should be configured on the machine
After that SIP extention number will be  created for the room and user can call to the room
from the hard phone using that extention and optional PIN (can be set for the room)

2) calls from "soft" phone to the room: (we using Linphone for the testing since in is available
for Win/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android)
   a) red5sip.enable should be "yes" (enabled by default since 2.1)
   b) "Enable SIP transport in the room" should be CHECKED for the room
   c) red5sip should be configured on the machine
After that any OM user can register himself on Asterist using: <om_username>@<asterisk_address>
with his/her OM password and make call to the room using: <om_room_id>@<asterisk_address>

If you see how all this can be simplified/improved please share your thoughts :)

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Jeff Clay <Jeff.Clay@infotech-enterprises.com<mailto:Jeff.Clay@infotech-enterprises.com>>