openmeetings-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Clay <Jeff.C...@infotech-enterprises.com>
Subject RE: project status
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 05:12:56 GMT
Sebastian,

It's been a few months since I've tried it, but I never could get the web audio to mix with
the asterisk/sip audio. I could dial in to the conferences fine and other conference users
could hear each other if they were dialed in. After researching more, I found that I needed
redphone or some app of similar title to mix the audio, but I never could get it run. The
required (redphone) project seemed almost dead/abandoned. I filed bug/trouble reports with
OM and the responsible devs of the app and never got a response. While not necessarily bugs,
but enhancements/feature requests to make it more competitive with webex and at&t connect
is to have the dial-in meetme bridge numbers random generate (and do a check, obviously, to
make sure the random number hadn't been randomly generated and in user before) instead of
going in a sequential order within the range specified in the settings. Oh, and an actual
bug that comes to mind is that when you delete a conference room or it naturally expires,
the meetme bridge is not removed the database; which allows users to call in and use the audio
bridge with expired credentials. Also, even when you're not a presenter, but just a regular
meeting attendee without any special privs, you can click on the presented document or whiteboard
and your clicks show up (including the pulsating circles) to all users. With this being written
in java, is there a way to get the video containers (the small windows containing the webcams
of other users) to be able to drag outside of the main/hosting browser window? If you have
multiple monitors and wish to drag the webcam windows to another screen, you're limited to
only dragging them within the browser window. I know I'm throwing a lot at you, this was tested
hastily, but extensively, between myself and some other admins. We really liked the potential
this showed, especially against the user limitations of bigbluebutton, but as admins, we can't
devote a lot of time to developing/changing/patching the problems or features we found or
need.

If there is a potential to resolve some of the items addressed above, I will gladly setup
a new test box using current code and actively work with whomever necessary.

Thanks for your time.