openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Sonia SWEngineer <swengineeru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on Screen Recording
Date Thu, 23 May 2019 04:14:59 GMT
Thanks very much Maxim. Yes, I meant better compression so the screen data
uses less bandwidth.
Regarding replacement of the current encoder with ffmpeg:
- Can this be achieved by streaming the screen with ffmpeg with options: -i
:0.0+0,0...-c:v libx264......-f flv rtmps://...?
- Or, by continue using the EncodeJob and SendJob logic but compressing the
image(s) with ffmpeg in the "encode" method before pushing them as
videoData?
If this is the way, then will ffmpeg need to output a ByteArrayOutputStream
that is compressed by libx264 in the encode method?

Regards,

Sonia