openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy - <dima00...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC weekly report
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 20:16:37 GMT
Hello Maxim and Sebastian.

On this week I work on native client. It already can create offer that can
be sent into browser.
The proxy class with json and websocket need to be implemented for working
client. I need a little bit of time for testing and bug fixing, and it will
be achieved.

I think a lot about p2p and server-client architectures and reread chapter
about large scaling app in "Learning webrtc" book.

I consider that server-client architecture is more appropriate for OM.
Because clients in OM, as I know, have thin connections and server has
thick bandwidth.
Also we can change (hack) video codec on server if it will necessary.
Finally for video lectures or webinars or something else where exist one
video presenter and many passive (no video) consumers the central server
will be optimal.
I'm not a big fun of central server solution but in our case it is best.

To achieve this we need to implement two hacks:
1) Hack browser and receive video on the server
2) Send video from the server back to the browser

All this hacks work around peerConnection API in webrtc, because browser
doesn't allow create custom video stream and send it anywhere.
The native client will solve both problem I believe.

When I finish the native client I create a full documentation about our
solution in order that we don't leave this work for OM out of GSoC.

--
Regards,
Dmitry Bezheckov.