openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] using JDK8 in OM
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 22:54:21 GMT
Are you thinking of pushing the value for the source code to java 1.8 ?

@Hermant: No, if the Jar has compilation level set to 1.8, a 1.7 JVM can't
execute it anymore. I am not sure, but I think WebStart has some checks for
this and might display some error message saying you have to update Java.

I was building and running v3.2.x with JDK8 all the time. Was doing fine.
However not set source code level to 1.8 yet.

I think maybe migrate to JDK8 with the 3.2.x tree and leave source code
version to 1.7 for OpenMeetings 3.1.x

Thanks,
Sebastian