openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Ankush Mishra <ankushmish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AppointmentManager Client State clarification
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 20:01:08 GMT
Thanks for the reply but I am not sure if I follow with what you are
saying. As HttpClient is not serializable atleast not the
commons-httpclient, I am not sure what good it would help. Currently in
my AppointmentManager
<https://github.com/TheAntimist/openmeetings/blob/3.2.x/openmeetings-service/src/main/java/org/apache/openmeetings/service/calendar/caldav/AppointmentManager.java>,

I have ensured the creation of only one HttpClient and reusing the old
one, if one already exists. [Code]
<https://github.com/TheAntimist/openmeetings/blob/3.2.x/openmeetings-service/src/main/java/org/apache/openmeetings/service/calendar/caldav/AppointmentManager.java#L75>

But currently the behaviour for the user and password prompts are
whenever the server returns a 401 Unauthorized, but I don't keep the
credentials in the memory only for the period of that sync. And then
remove them. This causes the user to enter the credentials for each sync.

So, I was wondering if I should keep the credentials in memory for the
period of when the CalendarPanel is visible before replace. But it's
just a suggestion, because implementing this, would require me to keep a
Credential or StateTable, for each user in the CalendarPanel, so as to
seperate the data of the each user for different hosts. Personally, I
could implement it, but not sure if it's necessary.

Also, as I stated earlier about caldav4j, the library I modified to use,
currently most of my modifications have been included into the developer
branch here: https://github.com/caldav4j/caldav4j/tree/jcr-dev

But it's not in maven yet, since it's a developer branch.So, I was
wondering how are we going to use the latest caldav4j in openmeetings?

Ankush Mishra

--
Ankush Mishra