openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "Coscend@OM" <OM.Insig...@Coscend.com>
Subject RE: Remote desktop control in screen-sharing not working (OM-3.1.2)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 22:17:30 GMT
Dear OpenMeetings Developers,

As you requested, five of us tested the
1. demo at Alteametasoft.com as well as
2. installations in our servers.  Downloaded and compiled OM 3.1.2 Build # 304 from https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/OpenMeetings/job/Openmeetings%203.1.x/

-------------
RESULT from the USE CASES below.
-------------
Attendee computer is
1. NOT ABLE to control the mouse of the presenting / sharing computer.
2. Able to see the screen of the presenting / sharing computer.

-------------
USE CASE 1:
-------------
Presenter P#1 logged into:  https://om.alteametasoft.com/openmeetings/
Joined Public Restricted Room
Presenter P#1's video and audio started.
Sent a period invitation to two of my team members TM #1, TM#2, TM#3 (Dell laptops), TM#4
(Surface Pro 4 Tablet).
TM#1, #2, #3, #4 joined the conference.
Control Panel -> Java -> Security -> Added Site list:  https://om.alteametasoft.com/
--> OK
Presenter P#1 clicked on Actions->Share/record screen
Downloaded Public_5.JNLP file
Double-clicked on JNLP file. Ran the application.
Presenter P#1 clicked on Start Sharing. Button toggled to Red square / Pause screen.
TM#1, #2, #3, #4 clicked on view screen.
TM#1, #2, #3, #4 could see the presenter's screen live without any delay.
Presenter P#1 clicked on Security on desktop sharer.  Allow desktop control already checked.
 Unchecked. Checked again.
TM#1, #2, #3, #4 could see all these steps on their screen.
TM#1, #2, #3, #4 could NOT control the mouse of Presenter P#1.

Presenter P#1: Windows 10, Java 1.8_u101
TM#1:  Windows 7, Java 1.8
TM#2:  Windows XP, Java 1.8_u31
TM#3: Windows 8, Java 1.8
Tablet TM#4:  Windows 10, Java 1.8_u101

-------------
USE CASE 2:
-------------
Downloaded and compiled OM 3.1.2 Build # 304 from https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/OpenMeetings/job/Openmeetings%203.1.x/
Same result as USE CASE 1
CentOS 7.2 (1511)
MariaDB 10.x
Java 1.7_u73
XenServer 7

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Hemant K. Sabat
Coscend Communications Solutions
Web site: www.Coscend.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail Messages from Coscend
Communications Solutions' posted at: http://www.Coscend.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html