openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connect to Oracle DB with Service name instead of SID
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 09:08:55 GMT
according to the stackowerflow connection string should be
"*jdbc:oracle:thin:@//oracle.hostserver2.mydomain.ca:1522/ABCD
<http://oracle.hostserver2.mydomain.ca:1522/ABCD>*"
OM requires
host
port
db

could you please try the following:
host = "*//oracle.hostserver2.mydomain.ca
<http://oracle.hostserver2.mydomain.ca>*"   (don't forget "//" in the
beginning)
port = 1521  (or other valid port)
db = "Service Name"

same options are available for command line admin

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Ioannis Vlachos <ioannis.vlachos@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've done that and the web installer gives the error I've sent you.
> Command line admin doesn't work either. There is no way (?) to specify
> whether you want to use SID or Service name and the persistence.xml created
> uses the SID syntax.

> > Can you try to manually copy and modify oracle specific persistense.xml
> > And run installer?
> > In this case db properties should not be patched
> >
> > WBR, Maxim
> > (from mobile, sorry for the typos)
> > On May 25, 2016 12:27, "Ioannis Vlachos" <ioannis.vlachos@gmail.com>
> > wrote: