openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC 2016: Status and some concerns regarding caldav4j
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 05:05:29 GMT
Hi Maxim,

during the meeting we discussed a few points:

1) I added Ankush and Dima to Jira and assigned the tickets

2) We had a quick chat around Caldav and libraries.
https://github.com/caldav4j
Seems to support it but has a few issues in compiling. That is something we
can fix.
But it is using a deprecated library (http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/).
We would need to lift this to use the library to use
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/ instead. However this has not been done yet.

So the issue is that we need to decide on if we want to do this as part of
GSoC.
This could be a quite significant piece of work. If we added to the scope
of this project it could mean less time in doing any actual OpenMeetings
enhancements.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Sebastian