openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Vlachos <ioannis.vlac...@gmail.com>
Subject Screen Sharing issue with Greek language in Openmeetings 3.1.1
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 17:56:32 GMT
Hi there. I have this problem with Screen Sharing in Openmeetings 3.1.1.
When a user clicks on the screen sharing the jnlp file is downloaded ok,
but Greek characters are not shown when you start the app. The problem is
that the jnlp file is downloaded as ANSI, not as UTF-8. If I change the
encoding of the file to UTF-8, Greek characters are shown correctly.
I thought this was a problem with my server (I use Windows 8), but this
issue is reproducible in the demo server (
https://om.alteametasoft.com/openmeetings) from various client systems
(Ubuntu, Windows 8, Windows Vista) and with various languages selected by
the user (I've tested it with greek and russian). You can see the
screenshots below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j81ztjdrx017dwg/jnlpDemoServer.PNG?dl=0 (greek
language, client: Chrome on Windows 8)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lobpulmmmp0ahin/jnlpdemoServerUbuntu.jpeg?dl=0
(greek language, client: Firefox on Ubuntu)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wuatugublqua19u/jnlpDemoServerVistaGR.JPG?dl=0
(greek language, client: Chrome on Windows Vista)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhqzeywgwt9ckfh/jnlpDemoServerVistaRU.JPG?dl=0
(russian language, client: Chrome on Windows Vista)

Am I the only one who has come across this issue? Maybe there is a config
change I can make so that the server serves the jnlp files as UTF-8?

Thanks