openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Ankush Mishra <ankushmish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC 2016: Status and some concerns regarding caldav4j
Date Sun, 08 May 2016 11:45:30 GMT
Just a couple things to address with respect to this issue, on thread
which Sebastian mentioned: https://github.com/caldav4j/caldav4j/issues/13

The username "TheAntimist", would be mine. As Sebastian mentioned that:

     From what I understood in that thread is that JackRabbit APIs are
    not compatible as it was not build for being re-used or a plugin
    replacement for Apache Slide.

I have been working on this issue, along with getting used to the CalDAV
protocol itself. Well, originally back in 2011 when this issue was made
on Google Code, jackrabbit-webdav, did not implement:

    |The acl stuff is missing even in jackrabbit - but this may be changed. |

|This is with relation specifically to RFC3744 [1]. When I restarted
this thread on the status, the issue seemed to be the same, but what I
checked was ||according to
https://jackrabbit.apache.org/jcr/components/jackrabbit-webdav-library.html
RFC 3744 (Access Control Protocol) has been implemented. Though, not
sure till what ||extent, though. Here's the Javadoc on the package
though:
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.4/org/apache/jackrabbit/webdav/security/package-summary.html

When I checked the ||/org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.security/ code, I
mostly see all the privileges and the rest being implemented. Though,
when I sent out a mail on jackrabbit-users group with regard to the
status, I haven't gotten back a reply on the issue, the thread there
seems pretty much dead. Though, it should be implemented, mostly.

Other than that, there also exists a caldav4j-jackrabbit, branch here:
https://github.com/caldav4j/caldav4j/tree/caldav4j-jackrabbit

I feel, that I can work on this. Since, I sort of started already, and a
lot of work seems to have been already done in that branch. If possible,
I can do it by this week.

But other than this, do you want me to be working also, on the client,
which I have already, fleshed out the basics, should start coding soon.

[1] http://www.webdav.org/specs/rfc3744.html

Ankush Mishra