openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Ankush Mishra <ankushmish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weekly report, gsoc 2016, preparation
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 07:42:29 GMT
Quick question, I was wondering if I could start working on preliminary
things for the CalDAV support. I was thinking of waiting for the GSOC
results to come out on April 22, but would be better if I start now.

Ankush Mishra
Hi Dmitriy,

I would not be bothered too much around Wicket. The stuff you are doing is
pretty much cutting edge JavaScript/browser specific. You do not want to
waste endless amount of time to try to make the JavaScript fit into Wicket.

It would be more "nice" to have it also ready to use as a Wicket component.
But we probably would need to look at your JavaScript and then end up in
trying to create a module or even contribute it to the Apache Wicket
project. That process could be an entire project on its own.

So yeah, I would be basically fine with a pure JavaScript implementation
and then we try to figure out how to get it into Wicket in a later step.

However I leave that up to you, whatever suits you/is most efficient to you.

But your short term goals sound very useful.

Regarding nodejs: This technology is currently not part of our stack. Do we
really need it for the successful implementation of this project ?

Btw: It might be good if you CC Maxim/Me (seba.wagner@gmail.com) directly.
Those kind of reviews will be mostly Maxim's and my duty. It's kind of more
reliable to CC people directly if you already know the ones you need to
poke.

Thanks,
Sebastian

--