openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weekly report, gsoc 2016, preparation
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 22:27:13 GMT
@Maxim/Dmitriy: I am fine with whatever approach. However my concern is
that our goal is to deliver the best possible outcome for OpenMeetings. A
working prototype of a webRTC implementation. Which is stable enough so
that we can start thinking about how to migrate and integrate it. And that
is quite a job/not really easy. There is like a ton of issues to think
about (performance/ browser compatibility/ technology stack/ firewalls/
network latency/ low bandwidth scenarios/ 1:1 versus 1:1000 broadcaster and
view scenarios)

My concern is that getting this into Wicket we loose too much time on
secondary goals. I would rather really start to identify the main goals of
our project and then really tackle those. And my gut feel is that this
won't be easy.

Thanks,
Sebastian

--