openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Welcome to GSoC 2016 from your mentor and OpenMeetings community
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2016 04:33:08 GMT
Hi Dmitriy, Ankush,

how are you doing? I would like to congratulate you both upon your
successful application for GSoC 2016!

The next weeks will interesting, maybe sometimes stressful. However let's
make the process fun! I think there are plenty of interesting things
happening in this program and you guys are pretty lucky to score one of
those seats!

*Around communication*

Technical questions should always be send to dev@openmeetings.apache.org
and cc me and Maxim. One of the success criteria of the project will be how
well you keep the community up to date around our project! I am obviously
there to help :)

Project administration relevant questions you can always send to me, Maxim
and privately. I think you also got some mailing list contact from Google
for students.

*Next steps in your project*

1) Source Code management: I had a chat with Maxim, he suggested we use
GitHub. There is an OpenMeetings Mirror on Github:
https://github.com/apache/openmeetings
You can simply fork that. Me or Maxim can then create or request a patch
and commit it to Apache at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openmeetings/
Please let me know if there are any concerns around this.

2) Task management: Your proposals already link to a specific Jira. We can
just create sub-tasks in this Jira ticket. I would hope we can start with
creating a few sub-tasks now. A sub task should be no longer then 1-2 weeks
of work.
This will also help to make the project progress transparent to everyone.

*Weekly conf meeting*

We will set up a weekly meeting in either OpenMeetings or Skype. We're just
trying to find out a time that suits all.

Can you share your time zone?
@Dmitriy, You're in Novosibirsk, right?
How about you @Ankush ?

Thanks,